This field has been at the forefront of ICT for a very long time,
Join the next generation of web and mobile application development. We will teach from the fundamentals to advanced mobile and web programming.
Wow! It is here again, Earlybell is offering a 20% discount to the first 20 people on all our courses between the 25th to 31st of May, 2019.
Grab this opportunity now!
- Vector Images are resolution independent because they are resizable without loss of quality. Raster images on the other hand are resolution-dependent and cannot be sized up or down extensively without degrading the picture quality.
- Vector is defined as a type of graphics in terms of the 2D point that is connected by lines, curves to form polygons and other shapes, while Bitmap is a graphic type that represents a rectangular grid of pixels, viewable via monitor, paper, or other raster display medium.
- The file size of a Vector image is comparatively less than a Bitmap one.
- Vector Images are completely editable where the shapes and colors can be changed, deleted, or created using a Vector application (adobe illustrator, Corel draw, etc) without affecting the picture quality. Bitmap editing applications exist, but these may be able to edit the raster images up to an extent and not entirely like Vectors.
- Acronym of Vector file are .ps, .ep, .ai, .cdr, .svf, .svg etc. bitmap acronym are .jpg, .gif, .png, .tiff, .psd and others
- Raster image file formats are not completely beatable though. Photo-realistic images can be represented better using Raster Format photographs. Vectors, on the other hand, may not appear photo-realistic, though simple objects if recreated carefully can replicate realistic images. Realistic graphics created in Vector images share all the advantages of Vector formats like resolution independence.
- Vector graphics use mathematical formulas to draw lines and curves that can be combined to create an image, whereas Bitmap graphic does not.
- If a photograph can communicate your idea or concept, you should stick to Bitmap images. Logos, Icons, Clipart, and abstract images should be purely Vectors. Vectors can be ideal for Logos and Clipart as they may need to be scaled up to fit on something as small as a business card or perhaps on something as big as a billboard.
- It is possible to edit images without reducing the quality in Vector graphic and the reverse is the case of Bitmap graphic.
- In terms of color, bitmap graphics are best for images that need to have a wide range of color gradations, such as photographs. Vector formats, on the other hand, are better for images that consist of only a few areas of solid color such as logos and type (text). This also means that vectors can't create realistic gradients, and although some vector software will allow it, they are actually using raster effects on the vector graphic.
So after all that what we can say is that neither vector nor bitmap is a better format than the other but rather that each format has its advantages and disadvantages. The main thing is that once you know what these advantages and disadvantages are you can make an informed decision on which format is the right one for your design project. Vector or Bitmap... It's your choice!
Freelancing is like a breath of fresh air. It breaks the monotony of the routine schedules and helps us to follow our passion. There is no joy beyond the thrilling excitement and satisfaction we attain. Every person is an entrepreneur by birth and we genetically formed them to be one. Education and exposure have urged people to follow their dream. Now people are looking forward to having a career in freelance graphic design because of its benefits. Today, Graphic design is fast-growing and highly demanding in the design World. The increased need for promotional and marketing collaterals has skyrocketed the scope of industries. To work as a freelance graphic designer we must understand the techniques of freelance design. Here are five ways;
- Get Acquitted to Yourself: Being a freelance graphic designer is not by understanding color gradients, tools in Photoshop, or other graphic applications. You should also have a deep knowledge of dealing with the client's fantasies. The first step in the process is realizing one’s strengths and weaknesses. Some people are more inclined towards creativity while others are pragmatics and forwarding thinking in their approach and a few have learned the knack of balancing both. It is always advisable to understand your film point before starting a venture. It is also appreciable to acknowledge them right from day one immediately you make up your mind to work as a graphic design freelancer.
- Your Portfolio is Your Guide: As a graphic designer, the first hurdle would be how to keep the business coming and moving progressively. Most of us have the same ideology when it comes to starting a new business but keeping a record of your past and present work for future prosperity use to be challenging. This is why it is always advisable for graphic design freelancers to always collate their works in a file or package in the form of a portfolio. This will also describe their years of experience in the design field. The magical key lies in your hands and the clues lie in your contact file “Portfolio”. Clients will be persuaded to patronize you after going through your portfolio and others.
- Client Matters: Every successful business depends on the effective relationship you have with your clients. Despite the fact that we have our perception about design and consider ourselves expert in it, the clients’ happiness should always be your priority. This is because clients mostly think they are right and have their self-described opinion of every design terminologies known to man. Fluent communication is the first step for efficient customer service cos’ this brings more referrals to your graphic design business. Avoid unnecessary conflict from inception because it is better to be reliable and productive. Continual apologies and excuses do not only reduce the patronage of clients but also send them away forever. Though some clients could be funny at times with maximum patient and understanding you will definitely breakthrough.
- Be the Change: The survival of the fittest defines evolution, however, no rule states that. The most qualified is not always the strongest. Market and customer trends are constantly evolving on a daily basis. The same logic also applies to the advancement in the field of graphic design. Development and updates in the software industry are quite common. How we keep up with the trends and still maintain our graphic potential is by implementing new ideas with the available materials and tools thereby solving tomorrow’s problem today.
- Be the Black Sheep: How do you establish a place for yourself in the highly competitive graphic design industries. Every year thousands of freelance designers venture and begin their careers in the field. Since graphic design is slightly competitive, you can stay ahead of others in the race by being unique and highly creative in your graphic skill. The World will definitely recognize and recommend you with your style and you could be the black sheep freelance designer among others that clients would always consult for solutions in their design problems.
These are the suggested five ways of making money as a freelance graphic designer. Even the most innovative person in the world could attain a saturated point once he has a passion for solving problems with his/her design skill. I also want to make it known to you all that making money as a freelance designer does not happen within a night. It is a gradual process that calls for the maximum patient. So enjoy your money while you grow rich in a slow and steady phase.